Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Jelly Bean's Wedding Part I

Well, Jelly Bean tied the knot. She got married on one of the most memorable days of the year, Blizzard '10. In these posts I will be chronicling, not the wedding itself, but the aftermath, i.e. the trips home. The first victims I will be speaking about are my parents, Mr. and Mrs. Jones.

Mr. and Mrs. Jones (who were also driving home with my uncle and Jelly Bean's shomeret) decided to find an alternate route home, seeing as the highways were so bad. Bad idea. They drove into a snow bank and were stuck there for 3 hours. Hatzolah came and got them out of the car and brought them back to my house. They all spent the night there.

The following morning, I went with Mr. Jones to dig the car out of the snow bank, which incidentally was on the entrance ramp to another highway. It took us 15 minutes to dig it out. In the end, it was a good thing they didn't make it back because by the time they got back, there was nowhere on my block (or in the entire neighborhood) to park.

Now, this story may seem tame and that's why I told it first. Many more stories to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment