Sunday, February 14, 2010

Thrift Store

With Purim rapidly approaching, I took my annual trip to the thrift store with my friends to see if we could liven up our holiday wardrobe. As always, it was awkward shopping there with people who were using the store to purchase clothing that they would wear on a day-to-day basis.

The only time a can remember being a similar situation is my brother asking me to borrow my gray suit to wear as a costume. I told him that I would be more than happy to lend the clothes I wore on a regular basis for him to use a s a costume. I even offered my hat as added bonus, which he accepted and added a giant feather. I really need to work on my sarcasm.

Anyway, my friend, MC, learned a valuable lesson. Here it is:

If the lady in the thrift store asks you if you payed for the jacket you're wearing, and you haven't picked a jacket off the rack since you walked in, it may be time to change your wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment